- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- WinDirStat 1.1.2
- Open Source
- Jul 23, 2014
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows (All Versions)
Description about WinDirStat
Windows Directory Statistics, popularly known as WinDirStat is a disk usage stats viewer. It is also a cleanup tool for numerous versions of Microsoft Windows. When your computer starts up it reads the entire directory tree all at once and displays it in a categorized form. Recently, the developers at WinDirStat have come with 1.1.2 on Jul 23, 2014 for the users of Windows (All Versions). Due to this, the reviews seem to have a great impact as there are a lot of improvements. You should download WinDirStat and see what the praise is all about.
The first categorized view is the directory record. It matches the tree view of Windows Explorer and is classified by files. The second view is the categories which allows the user to see the entire content of the directory list right away.
What’s new in WinDirStat
WinDirStat’s new update has come with a lot of changes. Firstly, all the major bugs and issues are completely eliminated from the application. Leading to high performance, a lot of new and advanced tools are also added. In addition, the program is highly compatible with Windows 10. It is also portable and can easily be kept in a USB drive to be used later on another Windows PC.
Furthermore, this software has come with various customization tools and options. You can also choose to change the color, add grips, increase the brightness or even change the language of the software.
WinDirStat is known to be a compelling open-source disk mode analyzer. It is designed to help the user recognize how much disk space is being used and on what it is being used. It will successfully analyze any directory or drive that you want. Not only this but it also provides you with a visual layout of all the files you have chosen. WinDirStat fills in different colors to each type of file depending on how much space they are consuming.
One of the perks of using WinDirStat is that it lets you know where and what needs to be removed from your disk to have more disk space. It has all become possible because of all the advanced features it has.it makes the file easier to manage. However, it doesn't guide you on which file you should delete. Due to this, you might end up deleting an important file. Otherwise, this software is worth relying on.
Features and Highlights:
- The directory list: You can simply choose to match the sync-view of the Windows Explorer but it will solely be sorted by the subtree/file size.
- The treemap: This view shows you the whole content of the directory tree in no time without any further ado.
- The extension list: With this view, the user can easily see their files and they can even have a look at the stats about the file models.
- User-friendly: The tools and features of the application are pretty simple and the layout has an attractive look as well.
- Intuitive interface: The interface of WinDirStat is made with keeping the user comfort in mind. The software does not include any confusing processes or tools.
- Compatible: The program is highly compatible with almost all the versions of Windows for better user support.
Pros of using WinDirStat:
The perks of using this software are mentioned below:
- Highly suitable for beginners as well as advanced ones.
- Shows result in three formats
- Customized options to generated reports
- User-friendly interface
Cons of using WinDirStat:
The following are the disadvantages of this software:
- Does Not specify which file to delete
If you are troubled by the filled-up space in your Windows PC, you should consider installing WinDirStat. This software is a user-friendly disk usage statistic analyzer. it also makes sure to clean up by reading your device directory and categorizing them. The best part is, it presents its findings into three different types of reports. Each of them provides essential information that is required to clean the disk.
However, it will not define which one you should clear to make space in your disk. You will have to figure that out by yourself. Otherwise, this application is the perfect disk usage statistics viewer you should have on your Windows 10 PC. Hence, the reviews of WinDirStat are impressive enough to give it a shot. Without wasting any more moments, download the free app and let it do its magic.