SoftPerfect WiFi Guard
- By SoftPerfect
- V 2.1.2
- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- SoftPerfect WiFi Guard 2.1.2
- Jan 09, 2021
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 2003 / Windows Vista / Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows 7
Description about SoftPerfect WiFi Guard
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is a networking detection software that allows the user to see what devices are connected to their WiFi. This program lets you know who else is using your WiFi connection so that you can take the necessary actions. Recently, the developers at SoftPerfect WiFi Guard have come with 2.1.2 on Jan 09, 2021 for the users of Windows 2003 / Windows Vista / Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows 7. Due to this, the reviews of SoftPerfect WiFi Guard are getting better. You should download this WiFi guard application and secure your WiFi.
Even though most modern WiFi networks are protected, they still are vulnerable to some weaknesses which can compromise your security. SoftPerfect WiFi Guard displays data on the connected devices. It also alerts you immediately if an unknown device connects to your WiFi network. Furthermore, it has advanced security features to protect your network privacy.
What’s new in SoftPerfect WiFi Guard
The new version of SoftPerfect WiFi Guard has successfully fixed the bugs and issues that hindered its performance. The app lets the user export list of devices as text files for safekeeping. Now the user will be notified with pop-up alerts if an unknown device tries to use their network. SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is a lightweight software that does not take up much space in your computer. Moreover, the scanning process is completely automatic. Not only this but it even provides the user with the IP addresses of the devices that are connected to their WiFi network.
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is a digital watchdog that provides protection to your WiFi network. It alerts the user when an unknown device is detected using your network. It also provides the user with the IP addresses of the devices.SoftPerfect has a color indication feature that indicates whether they are allowed to use this network. Red means the other device is intruding and green means they are voluntarily allowed.
This WiFi guard periodically scans the computer and alerts you of unfamiliar connected devices to your WiFi network. The user does not need to constantly check the application to look for unauthorized devices. However, this program is not a full-fledged security program. It does not necessarily block the unauthorized device. You might need another security device to do that for you.
Features and Highlights:
- Straightforward Interface: The interface is pretty easy to get along with. The users will not find any difficulty using the features of the application.
- Popup alerts: The user will be notified if an unknown device tries to intrude by using their WiFi network.
- Lightweight: The application does not use up more space on your computer and does not make any changes.
- Quick Scan: The SoftPerfect WiFi Guard scans your system automatically so the user does not have to constantly check the application.
- Export list of Devices: The user can choose to export a copy of devices connected as a text file for safekeeping.
- Compatibility: The software is highly compatible with almost all versions of Windows.
Pros of using SoftPerfect WiFi Guard:
The main perks of using this digital watchdog are as follows:
- Unobtrusive pop-up alerts to the user
- No installation needed
- Intuitive interface
- Exports list of unauthorized users as a text file
Cons of using SoftPerfect WiFi Guard:
The disadvantages of SoftPerfect WiFi Guard are mentioned below:
- Few feature
- Does not support 32-Bit
- Does not provide auto-block
- Does not display other devices sometimes
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard watches out for your WiFi network but it won’t necessarily save you from pesky intruders. Most times, it might get confusing for you as it does not have the right tools plus it does not block or ban unauthorized users. Not only this but sometimes the application does not notify the user if an unfamiliar device is connected to your WiFi network. Moreover, the application is too basic and does not involve advanced features.
However, SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is a digital watchdog but it is recommended to have another security software installed on your device. Otherwise, it is a nice application for when you’d like to monitor your connected devices to your WiFi network. Hence, the review of SoftPrefect WiFi Guard is moderate. It might or might not work for your system. Download the free application to check whether it works for you.