- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- ASIO4ALL 2.14
- May 24, 2019
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Description about ASIO4ALL
The creators of ASIO4ALL at Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH released the updated version 2.14 of the software for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 users on May 24, 2019. It is an audio driver for a PC that works on a low latency platform. The driver works the best for DAW (Digital Audio Workstations) audio devices. If the user has any kind of other audio drivers already installed, ASIO does not affect or damage the existing drivers in any way. The review of ASIO4ALL is quite good and reliable. Download the free version of ASIO4ALL and run audio on your operating system smoothly.
ASIO4ALL lists all the WDM-based audio devices connected to the PC and allows the users to modify the preferences according to their needs. It also intimates the user about a faulty device or one which can not be configured by the software.
What’s New in this Version of ASIO4ALL:
The latest version of the driver has been loaded with more advanced features and ease of access to use WDM-based devices. A feature that had been removed previously considering a bug, has been reverted as Microsoft has treated the bug in their operating systems. The software has now been made compatible with Intel SST. WaveRT implementation in pull and polling modes has been resurfaced.
The driver will now be using the legacy mechanism instead of the position register in the 64-bit operating systems. The audio class devices of USB 2.0 will work better. Full Unicode support has been provided for visuals and audio devices. The user interface of the software has been cleaned up by the developers. More audio devices will be supported by the driver now. An online instructional manual has been added to the interface of the software. Support services for “ReWuschel” and Offline settings have been stopped in the upgraded version. Other minor bugs have also been fixed.
ASIO4ALL is a very impressive audio driver. The software supports over 1000 different audio devices. The driver is lightweight and supported by all the major operating systems. The interface of the software is quite straightforward and easy to understand.
Any type of user, whether beginner or professional, can easily get a hold of the driver without employing much effort. All the users who have been facing troubles with DAWs audio devices can get the driver downloaded and installed and run the devices properly. It does not affect the pre-installed sound card drivers in any way.
Features and Highlights:
The main features of the audio driver are:
- Easy to Install- The driver is super easy to install by running the properties of the DAW audio device and selecting ASIO4ALL as the preferred driver.
- Intuitive Interface- The interface of the software is quite intuitive, straightforward, and does not contain unnecessary options and menu bars.
- Supports DAWs- ASIO4ALL supports all the major digital audio workstations (DAWs) that are not generally supported by other audio drivers.
- Audio Device Activation- If multiple audio devices are connected, the user can ‘Activate’ or ‘Deactivate’ any audio device with the help of the driver.
- Multilingual- The driver supports over 10 different languages including but not limited to English, French, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.
Pros of ASIO4ALL:
The major advantages of the audio driver are as follows:
- Universal driver for DAW devices
- Easy to install
- Treats all the latency issues
Cons of ASIO4ALL:
The major disadvantages of the audio driver are as follows:
- May crash at times
- Requires a WDM driver
A lot of users face problems while running DAW devices. The problem is very common as not all audio drivers can support such devices easily. ASIO4ALL is a great driver to run all the DAW devices properly. The driver is not only helpful but also quite easy to use even for novice users.
All the user has to do is select the driver to run any device and execute. The driver will take care of the rest. The user has to worry about nothing as it does not affect the existing audio drivers or the audio devices connected in any way. Download the free version of ASIO4ALL and run DAW devices easily.