- By Xvid
- V 1.3.7
- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- Xvid Codec 1.3.7
- Apr 14, 2021
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows Vista / Windows / Windows Server 2016 / Windows Server 2008 / Windows 7 / Windows 2003
Description about Xvid Codec
What’s New in this Version of Xvid Codec:The creators of Xvid Codec have tried to replace all the bugs as appeared in the previous versions of the software. Now the software can run Inter matrix with MPEG Quantization in a better way. Some vulnerabilities related to critical security have been addressed and fixed in the decoder. Fredrik Wikstrom’s AmigaOS has been included in the software. Other minor bugs of the software have been fixed and improvements have been made.
Editor’s Review:Xvid Codec, the video compressing software can be very beneficial for its users. The software allows the user to compress the video so that it can be sent over different networks easily and quickly. The software also helps in saving storage space by compressing lengthy videos. Xvid has been made for different platforms, making it even easier to use. The user does not have to worry about playing the compressed video on different players as most of them support its videos. The videos can be compressed by 200 or more times, saving a lot of space and making it easier for the user to store more videos.
Features and Highlights:The main features of the video compressing software are:
- MPEG-4 Video Compressor- Xvid Codec helps in compressing videos through MPEG-4 standards. Apart from encoding and decoding, the software also provides other facilities.
- Based On Cross-Platforms- Xvid Codec supports cross-platforms easily. The software can run on 32-bit and 64-bit windows. The library of the Evid player is used on many platforms through third-party libraries.
- Optimal Video Quality- Although the software compresses the video but it does not decrease the quality of the video compressed. The best video quality is provided to the user even at higher compression.
- Best in the Line Performance- The performance and the result provided by the software are quite good. The software has been created in a way to support the SIMD processor, providing the best possible performance.
- Open-Source- The software has been provided to the users under General Public License (GPL), which means that any user of the software can review its coding to ascertain its soundness.
- User-friendly Application Programming Interface- The Application Programming Interface (API) of the compression software is very user-friendly. The flexibility of the interface makes it easier to use even for novice users.
- Supported by All- The videos compressed by the software are supported on all the major media players including VLC media player, GOM player, crystal player, All player, KM player, and others.
Pros of Xvid Codec:The following are the merits of the video compressing application:
- The software contains no ads
- The software is based on cross-platform structure
- Open-sourced application
- Over 200:1 compression ratio
- The outputs can be customized beforehand
Cons of Xvid Codec:The following are the demerits of the video compressing application:
- Some media players do not support Xvid videos
- Maybe a little confusing for the beginners
- Central codec interface is not present