- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE)- 64 bit 8.218
- Mar 30, 2020
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
Download Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to Run Java Applications on your PC
JRE is one of the software from the Java trifecta, which smoothens the run of games, editing 3-D images, and runs numerous other Java applications. It also provides other services for corporate computing. To find out more about the program read along with this review and download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment 64 bit on your Windows 10 PC.
JRE helps the system in running the software developed using Java. JRE is a must-have to operate a lot of cross platforms, while many websites do not respond if it is not installed. Now that the popularity of Java is increasing, it is more than necessary to get JRE for your system.
What’s New in this Version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
To make the JRE 64 Bit version more efficient, the new version has the following changes and enhancements:
- Now, HotSpot Windows OS Detection correctly identifies Windows Server 2019. The incorrect values in the OC name system property have been fixed.
- The expired two DocuSign root CA, Comodo root CA and certificates have been eliminated from the cacerts keystore.
- A boolean system property, jdk.security.useLegacyECC has been added that enables switching between implementations of ECC.
Let’s be real here. The popularity of Java is increasing and so are its products. Because of Java’s integrated coding and outstanding results, more and more Java-based websites and software are being launched. If you use Java-based software often or come across such websites regularly, it is a wise decision to install JRE on your system. Having JRE installed will be beneficial for all users to run such websites and applications.
Note: When the installation procedure completes, it is recommended to restart your browser to enable the stable installation.
Features and Highlights:
The main features of the software are:
Some deployment solutions have been inserted into the software to provide a smoother run of applications and other websites and to provide the support required for future updates. These solutions enable the user to deploy solution definitions completely. It also installs packages to locate and remote locations as well.
The toolkits of the JRE enable the user to use the software and run the services flexibly. These are the configuration files for an artifact that is deployed to a certain engine/container. It allows the user to know how a component, program, or module should be deployed.
The flexible codes of the software allow the user to customize the heads according to the requirements. It not only does this but it also allows users to tweak settings to develop something unique and different that eventually helps the user greatly.
Java languages like java.lang. and java.util is built-in software that enables it to read all the Java applications details like package versioning, management, and monitoring.
Essential, logging is an API that allows the user the power to trace out errors of the applications. JRE reads and collects the data related to failure, crashes, and other performance issues and sends it to the base for further inspection.
The software uses an API that allows multiple users of the same machine to work simultaneously. These sets of functions allow programs to access data and interact with external software elements, microservices, or OSs.
Pros of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The advantages JRE offers are:
- The update can run easily on all platforms
- Plug-ins of the software ensures smooth run
- The previous problems faced in JavaFx have been solved
- Improves the runtime of the system
Cons of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The disadvantages of JRE are:
- Experts have pointed out that some bugs are still there
- Although the update has arrived, it is still not effective.
- Users consider the data sent by JRE as a privacy breach.
Frequently Asked Questions
For additional information, you can consider having a look at these commonly asked questions with their answers by the users:
Q1. How do I install a 64 bit JRE?
To install the JRE 64 Bit version:
- Click on the download button mentioned above to download the latest version of JRE.
- Wait for the download to complete. Now, double-click on the installation file.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen steps to complete the installation process and launch the app on your Windows PC.
Q2. Is JRE available in 32 Bit as well?
Yes, Java Runtime Environment 32 bit version is available. You can download this version from here.
Q3. Is Java Runtime free?
Yes, you can download and install Java Runtime Environment for free on your Windows PC.
Q4. Why should I upgrade to the latest version of JRE?
It is quite significant to consider the latest version of JRE as the previous versions may contain vulnerabilities.
Q5. What is Java Plug-in software?
The software is an element of the JRE 64 bit. It allows applets written in a programming language to run within multiple internet browsers. This plug-in program is not a standalone tool and cant be installed or used separately.
Although many questions have been raised about the working and flexibility of the software, it is still a necessary alternative to run different programs and websites which use Java for creation. For a smoother run of PC programs and other Java-based websites, it is suggested that you install the latest version of the software.