- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- WinRAR 6.0.0
- Jul 10, 2020
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows Vista
Description about WinRAR (64-bit)
You can download WinRAR on your Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows Vista 64 Bit PC to extract the files from a zipped format or zip them. It is software that lets you compress, decompress RAR/Zip files, backup your data, and make the email attachments small in size. Its latest version, i.e., 6.0.0 was released by RARLAB on Jul 10, 2020.
What’s New in this Version of WinRAR
Ignore and ignore all options, return of exit code 12 in the command line mode, replacement of "Extract archives to subfolders" option with the "Extract archives to" option, extraction of files directly to the archive’s own folder, additional switches option, compression parameters changed to 32 MB dictionary and "Normal" method, starting extraction from volume closest to the specified file, warnings for modifications made by external apps, Move to Recycle Bin option, Clear history command, File time options, New submenu items, insertion of <Max>, <Min> and <Hide> commands before the program name, you can specify additional high-resolution logo for SFX module, Total information renamed as Headers and totals, -im - show more information switch changed to -idv - display verbose output, bug fixes.
It is no less than a pain to share large-size files unless you download WinRAR for your Windows PC. It makes the task of packing and unpacking files easy as pie. Moreover, it also boasts features, such as splitting of archives, password protection for files, etc.
Features and Highlights
Below are the top features that you get by downloading the latest version of WinRAR for Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64 Bit).
- High compression ratios: WinRAR employs an original compression algorithm to provide high compression ratios on object libraries, large text files, etc.
- Optimized compression algorithm: Its compression algorithms are optimized for multimedia files.
- Split archives: With WinRAR, you can split archives into separate volumes effortlessly.
- Password protection: This software lets you encrypt your files with 256-bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology.
- Supports all major formats: WinRAR supports all major compression formats, such as RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, and 7-Zip.
Pros of WinRAR
Below are all those things that we have found attractive in this software.
- It allows you to repair damaged archives.
- Easy to use.
- Support for all major compression formats.
- Password protection for files.
- It lets you compress multiple files into separate folders.
Cons of WinRAR
Here’s what we found missing in WinRAR.
- Outmoded interface.
- It sometimes fails to unzip files exceeding 4 GB.
- Only 40 days trial available.
Comparison of Free and Paid Versions
The trial and full versions of WinRAR for both 32 and 64Bit of Windows are compared below.
|Trial Version||Full Version|
|You cannot create self-extracting archives.||It allows you to create self-extracting archives.|
|It displays annoying popup notifications.||There are no irritating pop ups.|
You can download WinRAR for your 64 Bit or 32 Bit Windows 10/8/7 PCs to create, extract zip files effortlessly. It is an excellent software except for one major drawback that it does not offer a completely free version. However, you should not fall for the websites that let you download a cracked full version of WinRAR for free. Such websites are not to be trusted. Always get the software from its official website.