- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- Picasa 3.9 Build 141.303
- Oct 12, 2015
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64
Description about Picasa
Picasa is one of the most popular image viewing and storage software in the world. With the help of this tool, one can conveniently manage and organize digital photos on your Windows 10 computer. Recently, the developers at Picasa have come with 141.303 on Oct 12, 2015 for the users of Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64. Due to this update, the reviews of this free program have improved to a great extent. If you are looking for an organizer and manager for your digital photos, you should download Picasa on your Windows 10 PC and see how it works for you.
The advanced features of Picasa make it easy for the users to get the job done quickly and easily. Picasa makes it possible to browse quickly through a wide collection of images on your PC. Furthermore, it generates large-sized thumbnails so that you could find each image without a great deal of trouble.
What’s new in Picasa?
As Picasa is one of the most trusted applications across the world, there were a few much-needed fixes. That said, there were a few issues with RAW handling. After the new update that was one of the noticeable changes. Not only this but the occasional crashes in network operations and file scanning operations are addressed and fixed.
Moreover, the throughput and error handling in Google Photos Backup has improved, ultimately leading to better performance of the entire application. There was certain image handling patches that were identified and removed successfully. This is just a sneak-peak at the changes that were seen in the latest version of Picasa. There is so much to experience in the application that gets the job done without much trouble.
While there are a bunch of applications that are used to edit, categorize and share your photos, Picasa manages to stand out. It offers all the basic features and tools without even costing a penny. The interface of the application seems clean and is on the clear side. It ensures to make all the options accessible easily. In addition, this photo editing and management tool are designed to work with Google’s Photo sharing site and Picasa Web Albums.
Furthermore, you need to have an account on either Google or Picasa Web Albums or this application will not be of any use. One of the most impressive features is facial expression recognition. This feature allows you to add an identity to your images. This helps to identify them in the near future images you choose to upload. As Picasa is a free app from Google, it is trusted in every aspect. Overall, the application is worth a try.
Features and Highlights
- Easy editing: The user can choose to do all the basic editing in their images such as cropping, adding filters, etc.
- Importing new pictures: You don’t necessarily need to import new pictures manually to Picasa. It will give you an option to synchronize the images automatically every time you open the app.
- Drag and drop: You can easily reorganize and move the images from one location to another by dragging and dropping.
- Automatically organized albums: Once you add pictures to your Picasa program, they will automatically be arranged into albums. They will appear in folders with the same names you added previously.
- Intuitive Interface: The layout and features of the application are pretty basic. All the options are easily accessible.
- Tags: The app also lets you add tags to your pictures so that you can easily sort them out.
- Compatibility: The application is compatible with the older version of Windows like Windows 7 and Windows XP.
Pros of using Picasa
The perks of using this photos organizing and management app are mentioned below:
- Easy sharing
- Effective editor
- Free to use
- Image viewer
- User-friendly interface
- Tags available
- Can be used on Linux as well
- Screensavers and montages
- Highly compatible with Windows 10
Cons of using Picasa
The following are the disadvantages of using this programs:
- Limited search action
- Only 1GB of free space
You can edit, find, organize, print, and share images all at one place if you choose to use Picasa. It automatically organizes your images into albums by date, location, and people. Just like all the Google apps, Picasa is also tied to your Google account. Additionally, it is comprehensive and accessible at the same time, and that too for free. However, it doesn’t offer many advanced features but the editing features are completely customizable and make the job way easier.
In conclusion, it is safe to say that Picasa is a reliable and useful application for organizing and managing your digital photos in one place. Not only does it do the job easily and quickly, but it is also a beneficial app for less experienced users. Hence, the reviews of Picasa are impressive enough to try the app if you haven’t yet. You should download the Picasa app if you want to organize and manage your digital photos in the best way possible.