MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
- By MiniTool Solution Ltd.
- V 12.1
- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 12.1
- Jul 16, 2020
- Ad Support
- Old Version:
- System Requirements
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Description about MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
Minitool launched the latest and full version 12.1 of its Partition Wizard for the users of Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 on Jul 16, 2020, providing numerous additional features. Minitool Partition Wizard is a partition management tool that allows the users to delete, resize, copy, convert, edit and modify the partitions as well as the complete disk.
The software allows multiple options to the users that can ease the partition management process. The flexibility of the software ensures a better run of the PC. The powerful functions of the software optimize as well as protect the data on your PC.
What’s new in this version of Minitool Partition Wizard
The developers at Minitool have introduced the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) feature in the latest update of the software which will ensure that the system does not reboot while copying the disk or partition and while migrating the OS. Other bugs have also been fixed by the manufacturer.
Editor’s Review of Minitool Partition Wizard
Advanced users of Windows like to play with the partition of the disk according to their needs. They like to edit and change the partition as and when required. Minitool Partition Wizard can be of great help for such users. Other users who would like to edit, convert, resize or change the disk partition can also install the software. It is recommended that you get the software to resize the C:/ partition if you are facing space issues and Windows is running slow.
Features and Highlights:
The main attractions of the software are:
- Resize the Partition- The users can easily resize any partition of the disk with the help of Minitool Partition Wizard. It can also resize the system partition without hampering any data.
- Erase or Create Partition- The software enables the users to create a new partition or erase an existing one with a single click while maintaining the sanctity of the main as well as the other partitions.
- Break or Merge the Partition- Sometimes, a partition might need to be merged with another or broken into two or more parts for feasibility. The tool allows you to break and/or merge the partitions flexibly.
- Conversion from FAT to NTFS- FAT handles the files of less than 4 GB of memory, while NTFS can support files greater than 4 GB. The software allows you to convert your FAT hard drive or flash drive to NTFS, without losing any data.
- Benchmarking the Disk- The tool enables the users to monitor the transferring speed, whether sequential or random.
- Disk Properties and Test- Users can analyse the properties of the disk like capacity, type, etc. as well as test it for errors. The software lists all the properties of the disk in one place, making it easier for the user to analyse.
- Space Analysis- The users can analyse the space on the partition, keep an eye on the files taking up most of the space, and clean them when required.
Pros of Minitool Partition Wizard
- The software is easy to understand and flexible in use.
- Powerful tool with lots of built-in safety features.
- The users can undo the change before confirming.
- The help section explains all detailed the features of the tool.
Cons of Mintool Partition Wizard
- Not meant for novice users.
- Can erase data if not used properly.
- Recovers the files of size less than 1 GB.
Comparison of Free and Paid Versions
The following points of distinction between the paid and free version will help you in deciding:
|Free Edition||Pro/Ultimate Edition|
|The basic version does not have all the features.||The Paid version is loaded with numerous features.|
|Can not migrate the OS to SSD||Allows the OS to migrate to SSD|
|Can not convert FAT to NTFS||Convert FAT to NTFS without any data loss|
|No option for recovery of files||Can recover the files after deletion|
Although Minitool provides both free as well as paid versions of the software, the free version has most of the features provided by other paid partition tools and many more. For all the users who are looking for a good, flexible, free, and portable partition management tool, Minitool Partition Wizard is a great product. The premium version can be of great use for those who need the partition tool for regular or business purposes.