- By Marc-Sebastian Lucksch
- Open Source
- V v20181230
- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- Character Builder 5 v20181230
- Open Source
- Oct 02, 2020
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
Description about Character Builder
The developers at Character Builder released the updated version of Character Builder software v20181230 for Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista users on Oct 02, 2020. Character Builder 5 provides you to build from scratch your own characters the Dungeons and Dragons (D&D). It places all the options and choices for customization you would probably need at your disposal, to create a different variety of an existing hero category or come up with a very new one. Also, print out a D&D 5th Edition character sheet, and use it within the game, however, you can also still use the software to stay track of the character's progression.
You can have the application up and running in a mere a couple of seconds because transferring a zip archive is all you need to do to access it, just extract its contents and make it run to work. It works on all the latest Windows platforms, and it does not require any special tools or drivers. Also, this software does not use much of your system resources to run on.
What is new in this updated version of Character Builder?
Character Builder 5 is the latest version with improved functions and fixed bugs. New features added to this version are multiple attacks from the same weapon, some quick imports, some clipboard support, new export dialog. Along with this date in the journal can now be edited, Little box of attacks for extra attack count. If you are familiar with the D&D game, then it won't take much time for you to go through the process and make up an idea about your character’s appearance. After you are done with everything you can export the sheet to PDF and easily print it. With printing and exporting this software helps with the quick creation of the character with very few easy and quick steps. And the best part about this software is that it is free, so download Character Creator for free.
Character Builder 5 came out as the latest version which is a more improved version with many new features giving chances to build a character from scratch. The software is also lightweight and does not use much of your system resources. Many options and tools for customizations are provided like Elf traits, staff, staff of thunder and lightning, and many more. There are basically two parts for how you can build characters, first the collection of data files, races, subraces, background, etc. In the second part, choices are made like names, abilities, background, picture, backstory, and many more. The file can be saved later in a PDF format too.
Features and Highlights:
Character Builder lets you gain the following class features
- Elf Traits- Your Elf trait has a variety of natural abilities, the result of thousands of years of elven refinement. And improves your dexterity score by 2.
- Staff- An arcane focus is a special item, an orb, a crystal, a rod, a specially constructed staff, a wand-like length of wood, or some similar items designed to power arcane spells.
- Intuitive Character Builder- This software lets you set up and create the character in a few easy steps, and will be a lot easier if you are familiar with the D&D game already.
- The staff of Thunder and Lightning- This staff can be wielded as a magic quarterstaff that grants a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it.
- Gnome Traits- Gnomes are most often good and have certain characteristics in common with all other Gnomes.
- Build Character from Scratch- Designed for D&D 5th edition, easy navigation of tabs can be done and create a character from scratch, you can select your own race, class, ability scores, etc.
Pros of Character Builder:
- Simple Interface
- Good Quality
- Graphics are good
- Supports Multiple Games
- Customization Options
- Build Dungeons and Dragons character
- Every basic ability is specified.
Cons of Character Builder:
- Might contain some bugs
- Can show some glitches
Character Builder download, and you might feel making your own character might seem a little tough part of a D&D game, particularly if you're a new player. The multitude of selections is often overwhelming, that is why looking forward to a specialized utility could also be a good idea. Character Builder 5 is an open-source application that will assist you to produce the proper character, using the D&D 5th edition ruleset. Once you are done, you'll be able to export the sheet to a PDF file and print it for your games. Everything will seem to be easy and quick once you start working with the software, as many features and customization have been added.