- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- AVG Internet Security 21.2.6096.0
- Oct 20, 2019
- Ad Support
- System Requirements
- Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7
Description about AVG Internet SecurityYou can download AVG Internet Security on all Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 computers that fulfill its system requirements. It is a software developed by AVG Technologies (a subsidiary of Avast Software) to protect your computer from all kinds of threats coming through the internet. Some of these threats include, but are not limited to malware, like viruses, Trojans, rootkits, etc. The developers launched the new version of this software, i.e., 21.2.6096.0 on Oct 20, 2019.
What’s new in the latest version of AVG Internet SecurityDetailed alerts, well-organized alerts grouped based on their detection shield, option to detect or ignore coin miners, game cheats, and key generators as a separate virus scan category, alert ID for every threat to help the support team identify your problem effortlessly, better detection of PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs).
Editor’s ReviewIn the present era, where almost everyone lives and breathes the internet, it has become tough to protect the PC from malware infections. Therefore, you need software such as AVG Internet Security that keeps your computer protected from hacking attempts and malware attacks when you browse the internet or shop online. AVG Internet Security is what users call a complete online security tool. It provides a bunch of highly-useful features, such as AI detection, PUA scanner, and more.
Features and HighlightsBelow are the features of AVG Internet Security antivirus that you must know before downloading it on your Windows computer.
- Scans all types of malware: You can download AVG Internet Security to stay protected from all kinds of malware attacks, such as viruses, spyware, ransomware, and more.
- Behavior Shield: It comes with a tool that detects software with suspicious behavior on your computer.
- AI detection: It is intelligent software that actively detects malware samples to shield your computer from new malware risks.
- CyberCapture: AVG Internet Security is among the most popular antivirus to stay safe online as it automatically blocks and uploads new threats for analysis.
- PUA scanner: A user may not know when he/she is downloading an infected application. Therefore, AVG Internet Security detects and blocks the software that you may have installed unknowingly.
- Turbo scan: There is no point in scanning a file multiple times as it only increases the scan time. Therefore, this software runs a turbo scan, i.e., ignore the files that have already been tested as safe.
- Real-time updates: If you download AVG Internet Security free trial or full version, then you get notified about the security updates and bug fixes in real-time.
- Do not disturb and silent modes: There is a do not disturb mode that disables all the pop-up notifications when you are engrossed in some crucial task. Moreover, its silent mode postpones, scans, updates, and pop-ups so that you do not get interrupted while working.
- Protection from ransomware: Download AVG Internet Security protects your files and photos from hackers so that they cannot use them for extorting money from you.
- Link scanner: It scans websites to detect links that may be harmful to your computer.
- Web shield: AVG Internet Security checks files for malware before you download them on your PC. If any suspicious files are found, then it stops you from downloading them.
- Email shield: Email attachments are one of the fastest ways to infect your computer with a virus or other malware. Therefore, it checks the emails to potential threats and blocks the suspicious ones to protect your PC from phishing attacks.
- WiFi guard: Connecting to unsecured WiFi networks may cause harm to your PC. Therefore, you may download this internet security software from AVG to ensure you always connect to a safe WiFi network.
- Toolbar remover: Some browser extensions or toolbars are intentionally programmed to infect your computer with a virus or other malware. Thus, this software removes all unnecessary or potentially harmful toolbars.
- Enhanced firewall: Hackers are always in search of ways to steal the private data stored on your computer. Hence, this security program prevents hackers from accessing your files, photos, and control your PC remotely.
- Password protection: If you have AVG Internet Security on your computer, then no blocked application can read, change, or delete the passwords that are saved in your browsers.
- Webcam protection: Untrusted apps often try to invade your privacy by accessing your webcam. Thus, it prevents such applications from getting permission to use the webcam.
- File shredder: Deleted files are recoverable with the file recovery programs available in the marketplace. Therefore, to make sure that no one can ever recover the files that you have removed, it comes with a data shredder to delete them permanently.
- Fake website shield: If you step on any fake website, then there is no need to worry. AVG Internet Security redirects you to the real website automatically, if it exists.
Pros of AVG Internet SecurityHere is what’s impressive about AVG Internet Security.
- Clean, straightforward, and user-friendly interface.
- It boasts an ocean of useful features.
- Lightweight software.
- It protects the PC from all kinds of malware attacks.
- It checks the links present on social networks.
Cons of AVG Internet SecurityThis software has some shortcomings that we are sharing below.
- The network-inspector is not that great.
- Its installation process is quite long.
- Few of its features are unnecessary.
- The PC’s performance is impacted negatively during heavy workloads.
Comparison of Free and Paid VersionsBelow we compare the free and paid versions of this software.
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|It does not show security updates in real-time.||It gives real-time updates for PC security.|
|There is no advanced firewall to prevent hacking attempts.||There is an enhanced firewall to keep hackers at bay.|
|Technical support is not available.||The paid version offers 24*7 technical support.|