- By Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- Open Source
- V Dev
- User Rating Me
- Latest Version
- Dolphin Emulator 5.0 13059 Dev
- Open Source
- Nov 20, 2020
- Ad Support
- Old Version:
- System Requirements
- Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
Description about Dolphin Emulator
Dolphin emulator is an emulator for two current Nintendo video game consoles: The Wii and The GameCube. The developers at Dolphin upgraded the Dolphin emulator to Dev on Nov 20, 2020 for the Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64 users. This software maintains high compatibility between the PC and the console. The user can easily enjoy games for these two consoles mentioned above in 1080p (Full HD). Dolphin Emulator can run games from a ROM dump or original disk of that particular game. You should download Dophine Emulator for your Nintendo GameCube and Wii gaming consoles. The review of this free software is pretty impressive so far.
Emulators pretend to be the hardware connected to a certain system so that the video game software can be played on modern hardware for an ultimate experience. The solid dolphin emulator enhanced the entire emulator experience, especially the major improvements are shown in graphics. Though you can not acquire ROMS of games you don’t own, as that would be considered illegal.
What’s new in Dolphin Emulator
All the persisting bugs and errors are fixed permanently. Dolphin Emulator has made major graphics improvements. The quality is boosted up to full HD (1080p). It supports using the original hardware. The older version, Dolphin Emulator 4.0.2 did not support some Windows versions. After the latest update to 5.0, the dolphin emulator most of the errors are eliminated. It can now support both, Emulator local multiplayer and Nintendo WiFi connection. It can support not just Windows 10 but even Windows 7 too.
Every game, especially the GameCube ones, can successfully boot in Dolphin Emulator. One of the biggest challenges which were faced by this free software is that it could not boot the game Star War: The Clone Wars. as it has a complex way of utilizing the PowerPC Memory Management Unit which executes it unplayable in the application for a very long time. But now this error has been completely fixed. Though there are a few issues with this software the pros compensate it to a major extent. As it only works on only two game consoles, it does not give the user advantages on other games. Overall it is compatible software.
Features & Highlights
- Graphics Improvements: Dolphin Emulator supports arbitrary resolutions. The high-quality graphics make it even better.
- Intuitive user interface: the interface of this software is pretty easy to get a grip on. No complex features are included.
- Multilingual: one of the best highlights of Dolphin Emulator is that it is multilingual. It is available in different languages according to the regions.
- Easy-to-use application: As Dolphin Emulator has an intuitive user interface, the software doesn’t have complex functions.
- Memory Card Manager: this feature allow the user to transfer files from and to the virtual GameCube memory cards.
- USB Adapter: The Dolphin Emulator allows the GameCube controllers through a USB adapter.
Pros of Dolphin Emulator
The following are the main advantages of the Dolphin Emulator:
- Supports using original game media
- Reload/save game states
- Enhanced original hardware
- Intuitive user interface
- Better graphics performance
Cons of Dolphin Emulator
Some disadvantages of Dolphin Emulator software:
- Does not support 32-bit hardware
- Does not support all Wii/GameCube games
- Certain games do not run at full speed
The dolphin emulator is an overall great software. It works for only two games, which are Wii and GameCube. It maintains a high capability between the hardware and the PC. For professional gamers, this could be a great emulator that can give them a better experience. It supports the game by using the original game media. Dolphin Emulator also helps to enhance the original hardware. It is an easy-to-use application. As it is free software you can choose to download it and give it a shot.
Though you need to give Dolphine Emulator a second thought. There are a few things that this free software does not support. Dolphin Emulator does not support 32-bit hardware. It also sometimes fails to run the games at full speed. The conclusion of the Dolphin Emulator review says that if you play either Wii or GameCube games then this software can do wonders for your gaming experience. Overall, it is reliable software for the ultimate gaming experience.